Thursday, July 19, 2007

Finally!

Really we are still around, the Van Lente's have not dropped off the face of the earth. We just have been so busy and having technical difficulties. Like say for instance my computer not working. Makes it a litttle difficult to download new pics. Then the batteries in my camera went dead. I know, go and buy new ones. I kept forgetting.

So the first snapshot here is Lexi at her "swimming lessons". This was a basic 'Begin to Swim' class and taught more water safety. So they have an idea of what to do in the water but she by no means can swim on her own yet. It was a one week class at the local Y for ten bucks. Not to bad, I would highly recommend it.



Ok, this next one takes some explanantion. Lexi has a favorite blanket. She doesn't take a nap or go to bed without. We rarely let her bring it out of the house in fear of losing the blanket. A month or so ago, the kids and I went out to my parent's house in Illinois. I remember seeing the blanket in the van on the way home but the following day the blankie came up missing. Panic spread through the house. We looked high and low. I think I looked for a day and a half and then gave up. I had my Mom check at her house just to be sure that I didn't leave it there.

We finally decided that on the way home it must have been kicked out of the van on one of our many stops!!

One week later I am talking to my sister on the phone and a very hyper little girl comes up from the basement and is running around and laughing. She finally stops and shows me....her blanket. It had gotten in with their play clothes, which I did look through. Obviously not well enough though.

So here are the pictures of the giddy little girl.




Last but not least is my pictures of the Blue Angels at the Air Show over The Fourth of July. I just find it so amazing how close they can fly together. In this pic they are just a few feet apart. Very talented if you ask me.



Hope everyone else is doing well. Hopefully now that my computer is fixed and there are now batteries in my camera, I will be able to post a little more often. Plus we just picked up DSL. Yeah, faster downloads...streaming music...talk on the phone...all at the same time. Now that is multi -tasking. Oh, maybe I should get back to doing my laundry!! :-)

No comments: