This morning wasn't your average morning around the Van Lente household. (If you are new to our blog check out Sparky's entry from the begininng of August!) Last night before Jason and I went to bed we were discussing how bad Sparky was acting. This morning he woke up chipper but after about a half hour or so he was hardly moving and making a lot of effort to breathe. Jason and I decided we would finish getting ready for church and put the kiddos in the van in their carseats and come back inside and do the "dirty deed". He went very peacefully. We then went ahead and placed him nicely in his kennel and left for church. The reason being we don't want our children thinking we are awful , mean people. When we came home we all gathered around the kennel and talked about how Sparky was in heaven with Jesus. Lexi and Brevon petted him and loved on him. Dani was to sleepy to do anything. We let them all give one last kiss, then the twins went up to bed. Lexi and I continued our discussion about Sparky, trying to explain how Sparky wasn't waking up and then I finally said that someday when we go to heaven we will see Sparky. Lexi was so excited with that and she told me how she has Jesus in her heart and that means that she can go to heaven someday!! Well the little guy will surely be missed around our house but I am so glad that he isn't in any more pain.
As a side note, to sidetrack the kids from this a little bit, we set up our old aquarium yesterday and purchased 4 fish for it. The kids love it, they really like to just sit and watch the fish. Lexi really wants to catch the fish and play with them out of the water. :-) I am really having to keep my eye on her!!
Sunday, September 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment